The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 45 made on Friday January 18, 2008 at 09:47
smg669
Long Time Member
October 2003
If you squint hard enough, you can make out that the two buttons are "Preferences" and "Archive". It looks like the Preferences button adjusts the battery, clock and lcd settings (which are user adjustable on the remote itself as per the owner's guide). I'm assuming the "Archive" button is for storing a configuration remotely on the proposed website that is being built to support the remote - which I'm assuming will only be accessible to dealers/installers.

My version updated itself once as well, so I'm assuming that it will again one day.

Another bug I've noticed with this methodology relates to RF routing. With a "Favorites" activity you have to assign a "home" device for the activity. In my case, it's the cable box. So all RF commands you program on that page will be routed to the IR port specified for the cable box. However, if you import any IR commands into buttons on the favorites page which are for another device (aside from preset volume punch-throughs) those commands will be sent (I'm assuming) out through the IR port for the cable box. If that command is meant for, say, the plasma and you have each device on a separate IR port, the plasma is not going to receive that command. A solution, I guess, would be to send any IR commands to all ports, as long as you don't have two devices that respond to the same commands in your set-up.

Last edited by smg669 on January 18, 2008 11:24.

Hosting Services by ipHouse