The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Tuesday November 20, 2007 at 17:11
Darnitol
Universal Remote Control Inc.
June 1999
On November 20, 2007 at 16:17, dsp81 said...
First, the 810 uses PNGs. The file size is 88x59 and images
can be transparent. I haven’t tried any other file types,
so I don’t know if others will work or not.

They won't. ProWizard is looking specifically for the PNG file format. Additionally, note that ALL of the images in the subfolders can potentially be edited. That means that if you want to add a DirecTV logo in place of the existing "Satellite" logo, you can do that. Just be sure that the logo is the correct size, and that it's a 32-bit PNG file that has a transparent background.

And yes, you can edit the backgrounds, the battery indicator, or even the "Button.png" base itself. Some dealers have asked about editing the "Please Wait" screen. That image is in there too.

It is possible to change the prepackaged icons, but requires
that you overwrite the original file.

True. It's possible we may change this in the future to let you create whole new themes within the directory structure.

It is possible, however, to create Activities that will allow custom icons on any
page.

Clever! I designed the UI and directory structure, and I never thought of this! Now that you've created this unique structure, don't forget that you can now import all this hard work into other ProWizard files without having to recreate all your work! This will also save anyone who shares your file frome repeating the work. BUT... be sure to also send your modified image files and tell others which folders to place them in. The images are not fully embedded in your WZR file. They are still part of the directory structure on your hard drive. If someone tried to modify your setup on their own PC, they could lose your graphics.

Very good work! It's cool to see people doing unique things with the MX-810! In fact, I'd love a copy of your file to share with others at URC. Your ideas may help us come up with ways to improve the product for everyone.

Best regards,
Dale
I'm a member of the Remote Central community, just like you! My comments here are my own, and in no way express the opinions, policies, or plans of Universal Remote Control, Inc.

Hosting Services by ipHouse