The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Monday September 4, 2006 at 09:06
Den
Long Time Member
December 2005
OK, here goes. I've spent 3 years building a 10 seater cinema at my home. At present, I use the Pronto 940. I hit a button and the macro begins. The amp comes on, plays soft music whilst everyone is being seated, after a while the amp switches soarce, the lights dim, exit light comes on, the curtains open and the computer plays a home made sequence of "switch your phones off", "this cinema is installed with THX" , "please remain seated" etc., then old advertisements (care of Pearl & Dean) and "coming soon" trailers followed by an intermission (5 minutes). The curtain closes, lights up, music plays. After 5 minutes, the amp switches soarce again, plays an announement, "please be seated, the main feature is about to begin", lights dim, curtain opens, amp switches soarce to dvd, dvd plays film. After about 90 minutes (determined by the length of film then programmed in Pronto) , the lights come up, projector off, curtains close and an announcement "thank you for coming, have a safe journey home". I have bben as brief as I can and I have simplified the events (there are a lot of various lighting effects and speakers in every room in the house including bathroom and toilet which are switched on and off at various points via X10). That's about it !

I need the lengthy macros because I only wish to hit one button to operate ONE macro rather than a macro at the beginning and a macro at the end of the film.

Hosting Services by ipHouse