The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday December 19, 2006 at 16:36
wunderdug
Lurking Member
December 2006
Does the URC MX-850 send out IR and RF signals at the same time? Will I run into problems if an IR signal gets there first and then an RF command comes in a split-second later?

I am settings up a system for my in-laws that needs to be relatively fool proof. They will have a TV mounted in the family room and all other components located in a closet. I have a CAT5e cable that is run from the TV to the closet that could be used for an IR target. There will be approx 6 components, nothing fancy.

My fear with the IR is that they will push a button for a macro and then move the remote before it is finished sending the commands, forcing the components to be left in an unexpected state.

My fear with the RF is that I want to use this remote with the distributed audio system too (same set of components), but they will need to use IR through the vol controls because of the long distance to the RF base station from some of the rooms.

Am I looking at the right remote? Is there anything else I should be considering?

Thanks in advance!

Hosting Services by ipHouse