The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 29 made on Thursday August 4, 2005 at 01:05
ddarche
Mr. RemoteQuest
February 2002
I think it has a lot of promise. The RTI t3 is a bit bigger and clunkier, in my opinion and I think the hand -feeling is going to be very important to customers. The RTI t3 has a lot more "high-end" (almost commercial) options for big theater installs but the Nevo is priced a lot better for the more average consumer. They are about $400 apart at list.

Again, the t3 has a lot of upside for more complex installs but as of today, the Nevo is the only one which can manage any Wi-Fi stuff. The t3 promises it as a future upgrade and I assume they will come out with it eventually, but wait-and-see.

The software to program the Nevo is not quite what the RTI is. RTI has about the best software of all of the remotes. However, thye Nevo PC application is a close 2nd to the RTI.

I did a config for my own theater and was a bit dissapointed that all of the IR commands for a common piece of equipment (Tivo Hr-10-250) were not complete, within the built-in data base. I assume this wil get better over time.

I am a fan of the Nevo and I have not even tried the Nevo Link yet, to do Wi-Fi from my networked PC. I think it will be a real winner.

Dave
Dave D'Arche
http://RemoteQuest.com
Fine Home Theater Remote Controls & Solutions - Programming services for most remotes

Hosting Services by ipHouse