The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Monday August 22, 2005 at 23:17
ddarche
Mr. RemoteQuest
February 2002
I finally rec'd a Nevo Link I wasn't planning on selling and hooked it up tonight. It just about worked out of the box. I was in my backyard changing songs and all of that. I thought, "Man, this baby has some legs!"

I was impressed with the way it populated song data on the Nevo screen and the wi-fi worked at a reasonable distance. It was talking to my XP box, where I have a lot of mp3's. Then I updated the version of Media Server, which said it was compatible with Microsoft Media Player 10. Since then, I have not been able to make it work again. Must be the notes I had been reading about dropping connection and or something similar.

I noticed that the Nevo Server app just basically went away and was no longer in the system tray and apparently was not running, in any of the Windows processes. I have not been able to get it to run since then, despite trying a million things. I try to launch Nevo Media Server and Windows thinks for awhile but it never shows in the system tray. Nor does it show in the processes nor apps that are running.

I have tried complete restarts and it does not want to run. I suspect this is the key problem but I have not found a solution, I can count on.

In Nevo Studio, it sees the Nevo Link Mac address. If I look at the router, it see the Nevo Link IP as well as the Nevo SL IP, one octet apart. So, it is connecting and all of that. The Nevo shows a Wi-Fi connection but still no media server running, as far as I can tell.

I plan on sending this to UEI but thought I would check here as well.

I have set the system prefs to never shut off, both on battery and AC. About the only thing I can notice, is the battery was getting pretty low, however Wi-Fi connections remained persistent.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thx Dave

Late edit: Since then, I uninstalled all of the software and reinstalled and it is working again. Go figure...Thx Dave

This message was edited by ddarche on 08/23/05 00:41 ET.
Dave D'Arche
http://RemoteQuest.com
Fine Home Theater Remote Controls & Solutions - Programming services for most remotes

Hosting Services by ipHouse