The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Wednesday August 10, 2005 at 15:55
oxjox
Founding Member
March 2002
This was a great article - thanks! I had posted some questions about the Nevo months ago and actualy got a response from a manager or VP or someone who thought I had some great ideas and had a clear vision of what the potential of this device is (he even sent me a TShirt!). Sounds like a really expensive remote control and nothing more. It doesn't seem, from your conversation, that it is offering very much in unique features other than possibly controlling MCE PC. Like yourself, we don't service or mantain our customers PCs and personally, I avoid M$ at all costs. This leaves little usefullness in controlling MCE. I had really really high hopes for this remote and still plan on checking out the class at CEDIA, if they can confirm that there is no browser built in and that the expansion module requires linking back to a PC then I am going to have to walk out of the class.
Why is it so impossible for manufacturers to "get it"?! This is why I am such a fan of Apple. They are one of the few companies that actually immerse themselves in their own products and understand how the end users uses the product.

Hosting Services by ipHouse