Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Wednesday November 9, 2005 at 12:14
pclark
Long Time Member
November 2004
Excellent point Alex.

I may be one of those "odd" people out here though. You know why I take my car to the dealership? Because this particular dealership offers me *service*. I shopped for an independant car guy and when I was talking with them, I felt like they were doing me a favor by asking them to fix my car. When I go to the dealership, I pay about 7% more than the best independant but. However, my dealer gives me a free rental car, washes my car each and every time it is in (and it is rare, but they do wash it without even asking), and make me feel welcomed that I chose their facility to have my car worked on. In return for this *service*, I take my car to them and I recommend my friends and neighbors that they take their cars there and give 'em an opportunity to win their loyalty.

It is very simple for me, when I offer to give you my hard earned money, what are going to give me in return? Just a sale? ..."Oh gee mr salesperson, thank you for taking time out of your day to sell me a product?". Thanks, I'll go somewhere else where a good relationship can be built or I'll simply go to the interent and get it for myself and do it myself. Loyalty and trust, to me, are *earned*, not just given. Sorry....prove to me that you are who you say you are by *actions*, not just talk and promises. You show me what you can do and live up to your word, I'll give you loyalty, respect and brings others to your table and do what I can to help you grow and prosper. But that comes with a price tag....earn it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse