The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday November 8, 2005 at 18:59
glenng2
Lurking Member
November 2005
I bought two NevoSLs and the wifi component in July. I was able to quickly ramp on the editing software. The UI is very cool and I would rate it as better than prontoedit. I was also very impressed w/ the IR db (found discrete codes for some devices that I couldn't find elsewhere, though I wasn't about to add/modify discrete codes directly. This appears to be resolved in recent firmware.) On the con side, I spent endless hours dealing with the flakey wireless connectivity, poor signal strength and very limited battery life. Unfortunately, when I contacted UEI in August I suspect they were just getting to root cause on some of the issues. The device has awesome capabilities in a great form-factor, but when wireless is not working you can't do the basics, like power on a device or change a channel. I was also able to get it to work w/ my dsm-320, when wireless was working and was very impressed w/ the UPNP capability. I didn't get enough wifi realiability to test UPN media performance, but it appeared to be acceptable.

I am very interested in hearing about specific wifi and battery life experiences with the recent firmware update. Please chime in. Based on my remote experiences and research, I don't see anything that measures up to NevoSL. The Harmony 890 is a potential contender when it releases.

Sincerely,

Impressed, but gun shy.

This message was edited by glenng2 on 11/15/05 17:24 ET.

Hosting Services by ipHouse