The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Tuesday January 17, 2006 at 06:24
Peter Black
Long Time Member
January 2006
Purchased a Nevo from a respected HiFi store after asking if I would get all the setup software etc, needed to program it myself. After reassurances to the positive I got it last weekend and expectantly brought it home.

Discovered that it was locked and bizarrely set up for some other space - not mine.

The dealer undertook to speak to the distributor which he did.

It seems that it is impossible for me to have the access necessary to configure the device to my needs!!!

What sort of rubbish is this??

Sure it may not be the easiest device to program, but given I've been in the IT industry for over 30 years and in that time I've programmed everything from application code on Mainframes writing device drivers for obscure operating systems - I cannot believe I will have any problem programming the nevo - which is only after all a windows CE device running an OS less up to date than that on my phone (an O2 Atom running Win Mobile 5 - which btw is crap and is really only beta quality).

What is going on?

What nonsense decides that you can buy a programmable device and then only be able to change it by going back to the store that you bought it from? For nearly $1700 Aussie Dollars this is not a good buy!

UEI have lost the plot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will return my Nevo to the store and get a refund, but which marketing guru came up with this %^&$#!!@@????????

They have certainly lost my custom. Pity - it is still a very desirable device.....

.............A bit like the O2 Atom - it would be good if it worked!
Peter

Hosting Services by ipHouse