The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday January 30, 2006 at 17:44
Stealth X
November 2005
hey sorry i missed this thread!!

i LOVE my nevo but dont use Wifi so so cant really offer any input as far as that goes. but from what i've read there are some issues.

this is my first high end remote, my last being an 8 device hard key universal with learning ability and 3 macro's. so i had a basic idea of what i was getting into. i was very intimated about the programming factor of the Nevo and the Pronto (i also was on the fence between these 2 products) but was pleasantly surprised how easy Nevostudio was to navigate. if you have any experience with windows than you should find it a breeze. from what i have read and heard pronto program isnt nearly as easy to navigate.

i really love everything about the nevo from its one handed ergonomics to the customization and flexibility of the LCD screen. it also sits very well on the arm of your chair or what have you making it a console type remote if you will, as the buttons are very well defined and spaced making them easy to press. also the plastic casing on the back has an almost rubbery feel so the unit stays put. it also sits well on a hard surface as there are little rubber feet on the back aswell. it just feels like a well thought out high quality unit in all. the pronto on the other hand i found fealt i little heavy and quite awkward to use with only one hand.

my only negative with the Nevo is its power consumption. even with the wifi off you will only get about 12hrs use. normally this could be a few days with the average user but i had a good veg day the other weekend where my wife was up at about 8am watching the tube, then i took over at about noon. well by 9pm it shut down and i had to put it on its charger. forcing me to crack out my old remotes - aaaarrrrrgghh!!! lol. however it does charge fast, so i was able to use it again 1/2 hr later. since then if i'm going to be using at all day i make sure i place it on the cradle when i get up to get a drink or what have you, and no problems since.

if i were going to set up wifi i would just set up the cradle next to my viewing seat, problem solved. i would actually have it set up that way now just cuz the cradle is really cool looking, but with little hands in the house i like to have it out of reach when i'm not there!

let us know what you decide. if you choose the nevo i would be glad to email you my configuration.

-Christian.

Hosting Services by ipHouse