The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday February 7, 2006 at 22:08
Peter Black
Long Time Member
January 2006
I have managed to successfully get the Nevo to control my projector, HD Set top box, Receiver, a Tivo, a DVD player, an Xbox and a Windows Media Centre PC. Pretty cool – also the Wife Acceptance Factor is very good.

I'd like to get the Nevo Media Server / Player combination working too, but I've hit a road block. I’ve managed to get the Nevo talking to my wireless network (ie I can ping it from any networked PC) but I can’t get Nevo Studio to see the Media Server at all.

I’ve fiddled with the firewall settings (both Microsoft and Norton) but nothing seems to make the Media Server come up in the Nevo Studio window where you select the source for your music to pair it with the player for that source.

I've read the networking whitepaper on the Nevo site and while informative it hasn't given me the magic piece of information to solve my problem.

Does anyone know if there is a particular set-up trick to get this working? I suspect it is something to do with windows networking or security, but I've exhausted my ideas.

Hope someone can help.

TIA, Peter.
Peter

Hosting Services by ipHouse