The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Thursday May 31, 2007 at 13:46
Ry-dog
Long Time Member
July 2005
I just noticed that the ad was in my copy of Residential Systems (for the month of May) on page 51.

I went to the "Next gen Nevo" website Jim mentions above. When looking at the picture of the remote on the left, Jim is right in that it looks like Universal Electronics left out the buttons beneath the screen. But I looked at the touch screen and it appears that there are still lables for the buttons at the bottom of the screen; just like the old version of the NevoSL.

I saved the picture from the website and started playing around with it in PaintShop Pro. Since the photo is fairly dark, I started playing around with the contrast and brightness settings and came up with this:

[Link: flickr.com]

As you can see, there definitely appears to be outlines of hard buttons beneath the screen (thank God they didn't leave them out). On a side note, you'll also notice what looks like a finger or something near the bottom right of the picture that you could not see in the un-altered version of the picture and I definitely did not add it... creepy. :-p

I always thought the NevoSL was bar far the best looking custom remote out there and I'm glad to see that they are sticking with the same design scheme for the next gen stuff.

Does anyone know any details about these new Nevo remotes? Features, etc. I have a buddy that has done some beta testing for Universal Electronics in the past, I'll ping him to see if he knows anything.

Hosting Services by ipHouse