The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday December 14, 2007 at 22:23
howdoin
Long Time Member
August 2007
UPDATED: Well after the few connection problems I experienced the first day (See original post below) my Q50 just died on me after 2 days... quite disappointing.

Apparently it might be a battery problem because the remote won't turn on at all, won't reset and won't be recognized by my PC anymore.

The screen is backlit when the remote is in its cradle but it stays black all the time, as soon as I pick up the remote from the cradle screen is off, reset won't work, on/off don't do anything.

Just before dying I had this message:

System Error
Nevo will be restarted System.NullReference.exception
NullreferenceException
at m.cy()
at pu.c0()
at ff.b1()
at ff.1b()

then black screen and impossible to restart.

ORIGINAL POST:

I finally got to install my Q50 and Nevo Connect today and can't seem to get the Nevo Connect to stay connected for more than 1mn.

I first had the connect in my "a/v closet" (which is about 16" away from the viewing area and around a corner exiting the room) and the remote would not even find the Connect. I then decided to put the Nevo Connect outside of the closet on a shelf just 14" from the viewing area. it did improve the connection but still disconnects frequently.

Anybody has any idea of what can cause the constant disconnections?

Here is what I have in the a/v closet:
- Receiver
- HDDVD player
- Escient Server
- DVD carousel
- PS3 (wi-fi)
- Wii (wi-fi_
- 2 wireless routers for 2 separate wi-fi networks
- 1 Monster Powercenter

Also in the room: 2 computers connected via wi-fi and all the wi-fi networks from the neighbors (about 12).

Thanks

Last edited by howdoin on December 16, 2007 15:21.

Hosting Services by ipHouse