The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Friday March 7, 2008 at 00:26
Ry-dog
Long Time Member
July 2005
>> Are you saying that less often means less important?

Apartently you didn't get what I was saying. When you think about how a remote is really used, macros are not used as much as normal commands. I didn't say they were any less important, just used less because of the nature of things; you press a macro button once, then you press all the other buttons (volume, channels, etc.)many many times afterward. So since Nevo uses the 2-way aspect on every command, by nature, it can be considered a more reliable solution through normal usage. I will admit that stored macros is the better method for shooting out macros, but once you've executed those macros, that's where the Nevo has to be considered more reliable because of the auto reattempts. Both brands have their strengths; URC on the macros, Nevo on normal commands. In the same breath I want to say that both have performed good enough for me to put into jobs. There are other reasons why I choose Nevo over URC or vice versa.

>> You shouldnt offer your opinion then. Leave it at
that is has been reliable for you. I on the other hand
have experience with both. I don't think the range on
the Nevo connect is that great. And just because it retrys
a command does not mean it will get there. Sto please,
stop saying that.

Of course I'm going to offer my opinion, it's a forum and the last time I checked, that's what people do here. I didn't bash the URC products because I still think they are good, I was just making a statement that just because something has stored macros, doesn't mean it's automatically better in all ways.

I've actually done full blown installs with all those remotes too (as I'm sure a lot of guys in here have done as well) and we have all probably experienced different things with each one of them. The NevoConnect has produced the best reliable range I've gotten out of the others. You didn't experience that, so we differ there, no big deal. I hate to say it, but even though RTI has those big antennas on the RM-433, I get the worst range from them. But I'm sure there are tons of guys that have nothing but great things to say about the RF in RTI remotes because it has performed well for them. More power to them.
Every good high end remote has video and voltage sensors.
You will almost never get them to work with Motorola
and Scientific Atlanta DVRS because they are always sending
a signal.

You should probably read my statement about the video sensor again. I said that I got the video sensor to work on a Motorola DVR box by connecting the video sensor to the digital audio out port (coax) and that it has worked reliably for quite some time now. I'm not saying all Motorola boxes are the same, but I had luck with connecting the video sensor to the digital audio port and it actually worked for me.

Hosting Services by ipHouse