The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Wednesday March 5, 2008 at 02:09
Ry-dog
Long Time Member
July 2005
On March 4, 2008 at 09:08, vbova27 said...
Apples to oranges. MSC400 stores the macro command and
execute with a trigger code. The Nevo connect needs to
accept each command in the macro one at a time making
it less reliable. I would give the advantage to the "more
powerful" processor to the MSC-400 due to the technology
it uses.

First of all, just because the macros are not stored in the NevoConnect, doesn't mean it's less reliable. What do you do more often; hit macro buttons or normal buttons like Vol+, Ch-, etc? The normal buttons of course! When you are on the couch, you aren't hitting macros all day, you are changing the channel, raising and lowering the volume. And which one of these two remotes supports 2-way RF that will automatically retry a command if it doesn't go through? The NevoQ50. So while macros being stored is a great thing, it only has to work well for a few seconds. Normal usage is for hours and that's where you can't beat a remote that automatically will retry if a command doesn't go through. Period. So in essence, the NevoQ50 is the more "reliable" remote. I'm not saying the MX-980 is un-reliable because I've had decent experience with it, it's just that the NevoQ50's performance has been rock solid for me thus far.
Also, the if then else you can do with Nevo depends on
if you are using video or voltgage sensors. It you have
(like me) a cable box Motorola DCT series neither will
work. BUT.. You can set up variables on the MX-980 that
will 'remember" if the cable box is on or not. It's not
bulletproof, but works pretty well when done correctly.
If an when Nevo comes out with this feature it will be
a lot more powerful.

One other thing you can try is to use the Nevo Video sensor on the digital audio output port (the coax port that looks like an RCA port) on a set top box. I had a customer that had a Moto set top box and using the sensor on the video ports didn't work, but using it on the digital audio port did and it's been running fine since. Some set top boxes do not have this port enabled, so you might have to go into the settings menu and enable it.

Last edited by Ry-dog on March 5, 2008 11:43.

Hosting Services by ipHouse