Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Thursday April 3, 2008 at 13:15
Evohome
April 2008
What's with the really lame "Its' my first day" tag??

Well, I guess there has to be one somewhere...

Thanks for the quick reply. To sum it up in short, I have done everything listed in your post at least two times. I originally configured the network of gear at my office, and installed it last week. When originally configuring everything, I had a maximum range of no more than the same 10'-15' for all devices. I didn't really feel it important to walk outside the office to verify the capable range of the gear.

In the Client's home, any of the Nevo remotes properly communicates with the NC-50 stations, as long as I basically lean against the door of the AV Closet when initiating a remote command. Just for S&G, I installed a Vizia RF dimmer switch, and can query that switch about 30' away with any of the Nevo remotes, before signal falls off. I really don't want to add multiple Z-wave devices just so that the remotes can function properly.

I stopped at a second installation yesterday afternoon, to check out the performance of another Q50. In this second install, I have a single-room install, in a media room, with all AV gear also within 15' of the normal operating position of the remote. If I carry the remote across the room, to the corner diagonally opposite the gear, the Z-wave signal continually drops off. In this second home, there are no cordless phones, no WiFi, no radio interference generated inside the footprint of the home.

It appears to me that there is a serious problem with the NC-50 and the Z-wave portion of the Q50 remotes... As far as basic functionality and IR control, the remotes are awesome, even with a lower-than-usual LCD resolution. A 15' operating range doesn't make for a true wireless remote...

Thanks again,
Evohome
And buyer beware of a man who chooses to be judged by numbers and salary, with no regard for character or integrity. Peter Gammons, ESPN

Hosting Services by ipHouse