The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday April 3, 2008 at 01:05
Evohome
April 2008
Hi everybody,

First post to RC; let's see how it goes...

I am a CI here in AZ, and have been working on a large project where I had spec'd in multiple Nevo Q50 remotes, along with the associated NC-50 kits. I've used Nevo previously, and own an original SL for my personal system, and as such, have been a big promoter of their product.

With this newest project, however, I've run into some real trouble with the NC-50. I have continuously experienced an approximate maximum range of 12'-16' from any Q50 to any NC-50, with a continual drop off of signal at or just beyond that range.

I have multiple Q50s and multiple NC-50s in the project, and have reset and reconfigured the entire network multiple times. I have replaced the antennas on the NC units with new antennas direct from Nevo. I was recently informed by a Nevo Tech that a majority of the initial batch of antennas distributed were bad, and that they had received a shipment of nearly 1,000 to replace the faulty units.

I was told today that the antennas are now fine, and that either my programming or the environmental conditions of the home are causing the trouble I am experiencing.

Here are my concerns:
1. I can not attenuate or modify the signal strength or communication capabilities of any of the Nevo hardware. I have been in the CI market for a number of years, and have programmed more remotes, lighting, and automation systems than I can count. I doubt my programming is faulty, as the system operates perfectly at <10' range.
2. The home is a typical stick-built home model, with drywall and common BIB insulation. There is no lead or foil lining in any of the walls. There are no other devices that operate on or near the frequency of the Z-wave frequency that the Nevo uses. As of yet, I have found no sign of Little Green Men wreaking havoc on the system.

I have read numerous other posts where CIs are experiencing the same problems that I am. I'd like to hear any experience or resolution that any of you have run into with regards to this issue.

Thanks in advance for your feedback,
EvoHome
And buyer beware of a man who chooses to be judged by numbers and salary, with no regard for character or integrity. Peter Gammons, ESPN

Hosting Services by ipHouse