Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday June 5, 2008 at 17:41
rkotemp
Long Time Member
March 2007
-- Ray-dog

>>Does anyone here use a Roku Soundbridge with current firmware and a NevoSL/NevoMedia Manager software combo?

Yes, it stil works with the 3.x firmware.
I'm using the M1000, M1001 and R1000

-- Livebythecreed

>>You are saying that you can replace that computer with this Roku Soundbridge device? Interesting. Which model did you use? The M1000? That could save me the use of 1 small computer.

Yes, you can work without a computer. The soundbridge is only the media renderer and no media server. For that you can use a NAS with build in server. I use a QNAP NAS with Twonky Media server on it (standard on the QNAP's).

>>I was wondering as far as the functionality and interface of the Logitech squeezebox duet remote( IPOD-like) vs the NEVO SL interface.

Squeezebox duet, complete control.

Nevo SL only basic control. Browsing/Selecting from your media server. play/pause/stop/Next/prev. Nevo SL dus support a slider to go to a specific part of a track but this does not work with the soundbridge because the soundbridge is not supporting this. Display of album art.

>>Would you say that feature and usability are about the same or is 1 clearly better?

Controling music playback is mutch better using the duet but you need a second remote for controling other devices (like your amp).
Nevo SL can control both but is limmited with music playback control

>>Do you know if the NEVO SL Media server has the ability to select Internet radio?

The NEVO SL Media server has no internet radio support.
But if you use a media server with internet radio support it is possible.
I use TWonky Media server. Twonky also supports Shoutcast and VTuner. If turned on i can select radio stations on the display of the Nevo SL to play on the soundbride.
(for twonky and the Nevo SL you may need to tweak twonky to work correct with the Nevo. I Use the Philips SLA5520 hardware profile for the Nevo SL).

Rob

Hosting Services by ipHouse