The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Thursday January 10, 2008 at 10:54
AdrianM
Long Time Member
January 2008
The NevoQ50 appears to support both frequencies, but the NevoConnect device is either a US or a Europe freq device. I got my NevoQ50 and NevoConnect from USA, much cheaoer than UK but since the NevoConnect uses the US freq, I can't use European Z-wave devices. Certainly something to watch out for if you are contemplating buying from the US.

I already have a load of X10 light controls, and an old IR7243 Infra-Red to X10 converter, so am currently experimenting with control of X10 lights this way. I have created a test config, but not tried it out yet. X10 would have advantages over Z-wave, not just because X-10 is cheaper, but because (in UK) you can only get 3-pin plug style Z-wave light and appliance controllers at the moment, so far as I have been able to find out. With X10, you can get those, plus in-socket controllers, plus DIN-fitting controllers, so much more flexibility for installs.

Hopefully, Q50 will support Zwave lighting soon, and someone will produce alternative (and hopefuilly cheaper) Z-wave controllers.

Hope this helps.

Adrian

Hosting Services by ipHouse