The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday July 5, 2008 at 11:52
rudyo
Lurking Member
July 2008
I am trying to control two Tivos in the same cabinet with a Q50. One is a Tivo HD and the other is an older Tivo Series 1. They seem to use the same IR codes. In the tivo interface you can set the remote address so that the tivo remote will only work with that tivo. The newer tivo remotes have a swith to select tivo 1 or 2.

1) Is there a way for the Q50 to send this remote address so it only controls one of the Tivos? I have looked through the Tivo IR codes but didn't see anyway to do this.

2) I do have a nevo connect, so I suppose I could use the IR emitters, but I really hate those things! They fall off, it is hard to move the equipment and I don't really need another wire in my cabinet! :-) Thoughts?

Speaking of the nevo connect:

1) Where is the generally accepted place to put it? Does everyone just put it on the top of the equipment stack in the cabinet? I know it has very strong IR blasters out the front, but I was wondering how hidden it can be, or if I should try to maintain line of sight to the front of my equipment.

2) Also I was wondering if the Q50 still sends out IR when using a nevo connect or is it shut off?

Thanks for the wonderful forum! There is a wealth of info here!

Hosting Services by ipHouse