The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Sunday June 8, 2008 at 16:44
brodyboy
Long Time Member
April 2008
They both use NevoStudioPro, which is a very easy, intuitive program. There's a bit of a learning curve, but I hear it's nothing like some remote programs. Also, Nevo has some online video tutorials that are very helpful to get you up and going.

Important Point: You only get access to the online programming tools by registering your software as an installer or dealer. If you register as a consumer, you don't get that stuff.

Sorry for the confusion about the S70. Of course it does have IR control, and RS232, just like all other remotes. But it also has integrated wi-fi, so you can connect to your home network and (theoretically) control network-enabled devices in in your home.

Yes, the SL is discontinued. You can still get them pretty readily on the secondary market, but nevo doesn't ship them anymore, as far as I know. The S70 is its replacement and looks very much like it. It you google Nevo S70, you can find a couple online articles about it. For my purposes, the most significant difference is the basic usage "style." The S70 is designed such that almost all your controls will be via the touchscreen, while the Q50 has dedicated transport buttons (for play, pause, etc.). I just happen to prefer the feel of buttons for that type of thing. I get used to where they are and I don't even have to look at the remote. With a touchscreen, you obviously have to look at the screen as you use it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse