Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 27 made on Tuesday November 4, 2008 at 08:17
bs15
Long Time Member
July 2002
Russell,

Par for the course with this company and most of its reps. The vast majority spend hours typing lengthy posts about dealer protection and unauthorized sales, instead of focusing their attention on conducting business. If they would stop the whining and help those who are having problems with the Nevo product line, they could count on future sales.

I too have a Q50 with an inoperative hard key backlight. The remote was a replacement for a brand new Q50 that was "dead" out of the box, purchased in June of 2008. The replacement was finally received in August 2008 [after much aggravation] and operated flawlessly for a whole 3 months. I've already spent $50 in shipping, above and beyond the initial purchase. I am giving up on this product and will likely go back to Philips, when the Nevo finally dies [probably not much longer if you read enough of these posts!]. I can only hope enough possible end users happen upon this forum and realize that going with Nevo isn't worth the trouble of dealing with the inherent flaws in the company's SOP.

I'm sure the "authorities" on the subject will now come out of the woodwork, but I can't help the fact that the Nevo Q50 has been a terribly unreliable and volatile product for me. This opinion is based on the failure of 2 separate units in the last 4 months. On the lighter side, I've never owned a $600 paperweight before!

Good luck.
Blake

Hosting Services by ipHouse