The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Friday April 22, 2005 at 12:47
MACDADDY
Long Time Member
May 2004
I have a Pronto Pro and it has performed fine (knock on wood). I owned an iPronto for about a week and returned it. I bought it when they first became available, and as you suggest, it was not ready for release to the general public. I was disappointed because it did not live up to the pre-release hype. Many of the features advertised were not yet functional. I decided that even if the functions were available, the unit was not worth it's price tag. My thought was that if I wanted to surf the net, get a computer; and, if you want to control your hi-fi gear and tv, get a remote.

I like the idea of the RC9800i because it sounds like it is truly a remote that has UPnP capabilities, which is just an extension of remote control capabilities in this ever changing electronics world. I thought it would be great for controling my ROKU Soundbridge which streams music via iTunes from my MAC. Unfortunately, based on the responses and lack thereof from this forum as well as Phillips, I suspect that this new Phillips product will fall short of expectations just like the iPronto did. Maybe we should take a look at the upcoming Universal Electronics NEVO SL. It too is supposed to have UPnP capabilities.

Hosting Services by ipHouse