I'll try to answer some of the questions posted in other threads. Please note that the firmware is still beta, so things WILL change.
1) The list price will be $599 US, which includes the remote and charging station.
2) It should be coming out THIS MONTH.
3) From what I'm being told the RC9800i should be able to work standalone with PC UPNP software, for browsing of photos and playback of MP3s (you can play MP3s through the remote's internal speakers or, when it's set in the docking station, route the output to a stereo). However, in my testing with the current firmware you can only create a UPNP connection if you have a media player (such as Philips Streamium). You will also only be able to use the remote as a front end for Streamium products (but the good news is that some Streamium products, like the SL400i, should work with any UPNP media server software).
4) There is NO PC software or provision for backing up configurations. However you can upgrade the firmware over USB. This is NOT a Pronto product, think of it as a "Neo Pro".
5) It does not have RF, but it does have WiFi. And the iPronto already has a WiFi to IR device, so maybe they will make this compatible.
6) The default (and only) graphics are clear and of good quality, but very monochromatic.
Any other questions, let me know... although I should again caution, this is beta firmware!