Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Friday August 26, 2005 at 10:06
bragon
Long Time Member
August 2005
Hi everyone

I posted my message on the Philips 9800i forum, and had a quick response of the support team.
I guess it can be of interest, so here it is.

Bye

Bragon
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Bragon,
Thanks for your extra information:
I was able to re-create the problem with the projector and the MC PC listen activity. Until now we had the opinion that a Media Center PC always needed a screen, and that this screen always was the same in both the listen and watch activity. I made a request to change this in future firmware updates.

The fact that the sources of the projector do not show up is indeed a bug. Until it has been solved, you can workaround this, by learning those source buttons under the EXT1, EXT2, EXT3 buttons or the user buttons, which are then available in the individual device control screen of the projector.

There is no plan to release a PC software for the RC9800i, however we are currently working on more customization of the Remote. Changeable names of the user buttons is one of those.

At this moment I cannot tell you when we are able to release a firmware update. We are facing some delay due to software instability of the new version, and this has to be solved first. As soon as a date is known I will put it at the RC9800i's forum.

Kind regards,
Philips Support RC9800i.

Hosting Services by ipHouse