The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 67 made on Saturday November 12, 2005 at 11:49
makeitsimple
Lurking Member
November 2005
On 07/21/05 21:00 ET, lafactory.com said...
not so much logic in our scart cables... automatic
16:9 switching for exemple, not much more. a scart
can't turn on/off the equipment so no problems
with synchronisation. anyway, we don't have scart
on homecinema amplifiers. beside of that, we don't
really need an european database, convenient only
for sat/cable, but we can pick -and I did it-
any cablebox and use the learning feature. beside
of that, denon is denon, teac is teac, sony is
sony ... they don't change infrared codes for
europe. the real reason is the european version
will cost twice the price, even better with the
tsu7000 : 3x and they are both made in belgium
(!). that's almost insanity.

Hi, thank you for your input. Could you expand on this a bit and post any problems you have had. I agree there ought to not be much difference. What did you do for power, simply swap the philips transformer for a local one?

I've got no problem with manufacturers localising products but as you suggest sometimes the local office just can't resist going down the premium "you're worth it" pricing road, especially here in the UK. For the sake of thirty pound I would happily buy the local version, but I was attracted to this device by seeing it in the B&H photo catalogue at the US price (approx 230 pound if I recall) but a quick web search is showing it at 330 pounds here! I don't even need to begin the old refrain about price differences, I can simply say that I can't justify the latter price for a universal remote! So by choosing silly local prices the manufacturer simply prices them out of the market and I would simply stick with my old pronto. Stupid really. Philips don't get an upgrade and I'll continue to feel bad about the pronto as I don't have the time to invest setting it up all over again :(

Hosting Services by ipHouse