The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday March 31, 2005 at 01:00
MACDADDY
Long Time Member
May 2004
I have a ROKU Soundbridge for playing back MP3, AAC and internet radio streams. It accesses my iTunes library on my MAC via my wireless home network. It is a UPnP device. I was hoping to use the new RC9800i to control it as well as see on-screen on the remote what is playing on the ROKU. Will this be possible since the RC9800i is a UPnP device as well? Or is this marketing hype that will only come to reality if ROKU and Philips work together to make some type of software interface between the two products? Or it will only work if you buy Philips UPnP products? I downloaded the MAC version of the "Philips Media Manager" software that is used with the "Streamium" products. It isn't very good software. It performs sluggishly and will only allow playback of MP3, but not AAC (and I am talking about AAC that I ripped, not the copy protected AAC from the Apple iTunes website). The UPnP wireless feature makes this remote attractive but I am concerned that it is marketing hype that will never deliver just like the iPronto. Universal Plug and Pray . . . so to speak.

Hosting Services by ipHouse