The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Monday November 28, 2005 at 03:14
De Pampi
Long Time Member
November 2005
On November 27, 2005 at 17:33, Davidsed said...
Hey De Pampi,

Just wanted to clarify. When added your sl400i
what kind of device did you specify ? I'm assuming
you specified "Media Adaptor" and it tried to
auto discover the 400i through UpnP. Did that
not work ?

Yes I did this, this did work, but after this I had to use the try & learn method for assigning the correct remote codes to this device. I select this method but before the device asks me to press a button on my remote for recognition it displays the message that my device is not recognized. It just skips the test. But after assigning codes to every possible button (takes appr 10 min) everything worked fine. One more thing though, my streamium is turned on with the pc-link button instead the power on button on the remote. I therefore had to assign the power on button (on the 9800i) to the pc-link ir-code. After this minor work around all the functions do what they suppose to do.

I don't have a media adaptor yet but plan to buy
some soon. But I've tested the process with a
software renderer on my wireless laptop and the
discovery process seemed to work.

Also what about browsing media files on your media
server and then sending to your 400i. Does that
work as advertised ?

This great feature works indeed. You can brows and send files everywhere in your house where you have wireless network access. The remote is showing which media file is playing at the moment, for example if you're playing a mp3 file you see the artist, song name and a progress bar on the display. You can pause the mp3 or skip the song and go to the next. With photo's you can see a preview of the picture first and then send it to the streamium device, it is also possible control the slideshow.

Cheers,
David

Hosting Services by ipHouse