The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Monday May 16, 2005 at 19:32
MACDADDY
Long Time Member
May 2004
It appears that the RC9800i will be limited to ONLY MP3 files. Hopefully, Phillips will increase that to other formats such as AAC (although the iTunes Store AAC format is currently not accesible by 3rd party vendors as Apple has yet to release the necessary code / information due to copyright concerns). Also, it appears that users will be limited to using the Phillips Server Software instead of the more widely accepted Music Server applications such as iTunes. That is unfortunate. I have downloaded the MAC version of the upcoming Music Server software and I was disappointed. Not only does it not have the bells and whistles of other competing Music Server applications, it performs sluggishly. Lastly, I suspect that UPnP compatibility will be more difficult to deliver than promised / hoped as I have yet to get any information on compatibility with the ROKU Soundbridge. The guys at ROKU are aware of the upcoming release but have yet to obtain an RC9800i to BETA test the unit with their Soundbridge line of products and Phillips has not commented on this issue either. I admit I am a pessimist by nature, and hope that these shortcomings are just due to my pessimism or will soon be rectified by Phillips. I am concerned that this product will only integrate well with other Phillips products. If true, that is a shame as this could be a really terrific product.

Hosting Services by ipHouse