The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Friday September 23, 2005 at 11:58
mc33
Lurking Member
September 2005
Were you able to get the RC9800i to recognize your ShowCenter 200 as a device? Although I don't have a lot of time in to the setup so far, I have not found the ShowCenter 200 in any 'add device' lists and have not had a ton of luck in teaching the RC9800i the ShowCenter 200 remote codes/controls through a custom device setup. Manual teach and learn has not worked too well so far as I have to teach the buttons multiple times in many cases.

I am able to preview photos on my PC when the Philips Media software is running, but similar to what you mentioned, while I can see other content on my PC through listings for Pinnacle's Media Manager and through a listing via Windows Media Connect for the PC on the RC9800i (hit browse and I see listings for WMC - my PC, PMM - my PC, PMC - my PC), I have yet to be able to get the remote to display pictures or play music from this screen to the ShowCenter, which I believe is the point of this feature and having UPnP devices. My understanding was that you could select your photos, music, whatever from the remote and then pass them along to the ShowCenter as the display/output. I'm still working on it, but my frustration right now is more with getting the RC9800i to properly control the ShowCenter as a device, just like any other device. If you could let me know if/how you got your RC9800i to control the ShowCenter 200, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Hosting Services by ipHouse