The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Sunday December 11, 2005 at 04:11
Davidsed
Long Time Member
November 2005
For those that do not have a Music adaptor its probably worth clarifying the RC9800i's very real limitations around UpNp. The Rc9800i does live up to the promise of being able to select a file from your media server and directing it to a media adaptor but that is all it will do.

For example if I choose to send a song to my Roku it will play that song and then stop. If I choose another song while playing a song it will play the newly selected song and stop when finished.

The RC9800i has no ability to mange the queue (current playlist). It should be able to add/ remove / re-arrange songs in the queue. The lack of this ability pretty much makes it useless as a companion for me while listening to my extensive music collection.

I 'm sure this could be corrected with a firmware update (anyone from Philips listening ?) Have a look at the Sonos Interface as this is also a Linux device with similar specs I have no idea why Philips (Openpeak) could not aim for this.

For now I find it much more rewarding to control the Roku directly or through Cidero's UpNp controller software on my laptop where I can manage the queue.

Hosting Services by ipHouse