The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Monday January 9, 2006 at 01:34
dhallag
Long Time Member
January 2005
I agree on the first issue; however, if you purchase (and I forgot which one) one of the philips streaminum boxes and set it up to your TV, you can push the pictures and vidoes you browse from the RC9800i to your TV. It would be a better solution then to keep your computer running all the time, especially if you use a NAS device with Twonky Vision (a third party UPnP media server software which allows to install on a NAS).

I have actually used this device to show many friends and family my pictures and think it works well to view on the RC9800i. I also love to stream MP3's to my stereo.

2. this would be nice to have
3. in my opinion, this is the must have future feature of the RC9800i. You don't need as much customization as the pronto, just the ability to rename buttons AND add/delete buttons to the activity screens.
4. this would be nice as well

I'll add one which I would like to have also -- the ability to play streaming music from networks such as shoutcast. Twonky Vision media server software can push shoutcast to any UPnP device that can read it!! This would be awesome!
Universal Remote: Sony AV-RM3100, TV - Samsung TXJ2766, AMP - Sony STR-DE845, DVD - Sony DVP-3000, Tape - Sony TC-WE435, VCR - Panasonic PV-8661

Hosting Services by ipHouse