The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday December 30, 2005 at 13:52
tale
Lurking Member
December 2005
Overall, I like the Philips RC9800i it has a nice design and initial product design.

Area of improvements:

1.Infra Read or wireless computer control, I have lot’s of photo and video files stored in the computers and I have my computer connected to my TV, and in order to control the TV playback I need to buy another an IR or wireless control device (Logitech) and then teach the RC9800i all the codes. My Point is if you already have access to the computer and list of files in the remote then when selecting a file you should have an option to play it at the source computer by it being lunched from the media manager into default player.

Currently you can only use the remote to browse photos and videos but not to play them (which makes it useless). I think that the remote should serve as a kind of preview device you browse the picture on the remote and then hit play and bum the picture is on the TV screen, same thing with the movies.

In my opinion this is the biggest drawback of the product, and it would be so easy to implement.

2.Closer integration with PVR and guide. The remote provides a guide but the only thing you can do with it is to press watch, the remote should have a better integration to record future shows by passing the show name to pvr (tivo) and have it manage the scheduling, season pass, etc.

3.Customization of the remote by computer (as in pronto)

4.Make Room selection easier right now you have to go back to the start screen and then select another room, you should be able to click the room and dropdown should appear prompting you to select a room

Hosting Services by ipHouse