The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Monday January 30, 2006 at 02:21
rlierop
Lurking Member
December 2005
My set up is pretty much the same as yours.

In principle this unit meets your demands. I bought it to replace the original Pronto.

However, as the rc9800 has little or no room for customisation it needs significantly more "press action" if you want to execute a non standard command. With the macro buttons you are able to easy program macro's (f.i: watch tv, listen to the radio)
If however you want to execute a non standard command (f.i. adjust the bass you will really have to start working) At these moments you really want to put it aside and place all the original remotes back onto your coffee table.

This aspect and the fact that you can not remove or reposition buttons is a bit of a let down. It just needs a bit more of customising possibilities to make it a true winner.

I have it all programmed but it is currently not in use. I am still using the Pronto (890 version) I do hope that Philips will make some special software which allows us to program it custom made. If this will not happen than I will get rid of it and buy a different remote.

Hope this helps

Ron

Hosting Services by ipHouse