Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday March 3, 2006 at 05:44
BandiTT
Lurking Member
March 2006
Hi all,

I have read the good and the bad about this remote. The thing is, I need something like the 9800i and there is not much choice for what I want to do....

The IR mode should be able to control the BASIC functions of my:

- Toshiba LCD TV (32WL56P)
- Sony Surround Receiver (DAV SR-2)
- My DVD Player (Samsung HD 850)

I assume, this is no problem with the 9800i.

Now comes the difficult part:

I am running a NAS (Network Attached Storage - wich is basically are Network Harddrive that acts as my TWONKY Media Server with all my mp3 music, so I dont need to have a PC running 24/7.
I am streaming the mp3 to my Sony Surround Receiver wirelessly trough my NOXON 2 (Terratec)

Now comes my big question:

The NOXON 2 is fully UPnP compatible and I want to controll the songs played with the RC 9800i

I picture it this way:

- The RC 9800i will show my mp3 (on the NAS with TWONKY Media Server) on the display. I then serch the Album or Playlist (maybe even make a playlist in the 9800i?) and send the command to the NOXON 2. Will it play the songs in a row and can I skip trough the songs on the 9800i and the NOXON 2 will follow these commands?

I am currently trying this with a program called Rudeo Control on my WLan PPC. It works more or less, but it will only play one song (even when I choose a number of songs) and then stop. I then have to manually press play again to play the next song.

Remember, that I want this to work without having to use the Philips software as I don't want to run a PC all the time and my Media-NAS-Server is UPnP compatible.

I know this may be a very specific case, but I would appreciate some experienced feedback as the hotline does not really understand what I want to do, and I already RTFM and it does not clearify my question at all.

Cheers and T.G.I.F. ;-)

Marco

Hosting Services by ipHouse