The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday August 23, 2006 at 14:29
jandrewm
Lurking Member
August 2006
I can't believe I'm considering a purchase after reading this forum, but I really like the look of this box. Also, URC just changed their support policy. In essence, if you buy an MX-3000 brand new through amazon or ebay, they won't let you download the software for it. You only get the required software if you buy through an "authorized" dealer who will charge you an extra $450 for the remote AND try to force their services down your throat.

But I digress.

I'm still considering this RC9800i, and I want to know if I'm insane. I do all of my media distribution through structured wiring using the MCE upstairs and the XBOX 360 in the family room (acting as a Media Center Extender). All I need to do is: (1.) consolidate remotes. I'd like to have full function though. (2.) program activity-based macros. In other words, create one button for the wife to switch from live cable tv, to DVD mode on the XBOX. Another example would be a single button to turn everything off. One issue of concern for me has to do with power on/off. Are there discreet IR commands for "On" and "Off?" If not, I could picture the "turn everything off" macro turning some components ON--that would drive her nuts.

Here's my setup:

NAD T753 (Receiver)
Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3100HD (Cable Box)
Sony KV34 XBR800 (TV)
XBOX 360 (XBOX 360)

So what's the deal? Am I bonkers or what?

Hosting Services by ipHouse