Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday August 21, 2006 at 14:38
BrianJohnHunt
Long Time Member
May 2006
Hi,

Like most people I am very disappointed with this remote - a great piece of potential kyboshed by rubbish software. Anyway, as my gf bought it for me I feel honour bound to try and get it to work with my system! Here goes...

I have an HDMI switch box which I use to control my SKY HD, DVD and PC through. I need to set up an activity that will automatically switch the box to the relevant channel when I select "Watch TV" "Watch DVD" or "Listen to music on PC". I have tried everything. The RC800i doesn't have a switch box as a device, and you caNn't add extra commands (that I can see) to the activity process. The only thing I can do is get it to learn the switch command as a user defined button - but then it doesn't place the button in the activity, but on the last page of the individual device!! I need my gf to be able to use this device and there is no way she's going to be able to navigate through to the right page to press a button to activate the switch box!! She won't even know that the switch box needs switching! She doesn't even know what a switchbox is!

This all works fine on the Harmony by the way!!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse