The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday August 25, 2006 at 08:31
chrise2
Lurking Member
November 2003
I currently own an MX-700. It does everything I want and well. I'm just bored of it. I really want something with a color touch screen. I'm very happy with my MX-700 so I first looked at the Universal Remote remotes, even though I would have to buy from an authorized dealer. I got my MX-700 from some shady place in Brooklyn for $200 so needless to say my auto update isn't working any more. I looked at the MX-3000, but it was crazy expensive and it looks like a $5 Tiger Electronics video game. I then looked at the iPronto. Also very expensive, and its huge. I might as well use my old laptop as a remote. I also looked at the Pronto TSU7500. I was real close to getting that, but it was still really expensive, but less than the others. My wife drops the remote on our non-carpeted floors all the time so spending $800 on a remote was probably out of the question. Then I saw the 9800i and loved the look of it. I was like wow a Pronto for around $300. It looks awesome, what's the catch? Then I started reading this forum and quickly realised it wasn't a Pronto and you couldn't even customize it from the computer or really customize it at all. First I was like F that, I'm outta here. Then I just lowered my expectations. If you look at it like a Pronto, you will be vastly dissapointed. But if you look at it like a Logitech Harmony remote, it starts looking much better. I figure as long as it can learn any button and do the basic switching of inputs on my TV and Stereo, I'll be ok. I still have my MX-700 that I can use to tech this thing any discrete or other commands it doesn't know. I'll let everyone know what I think about the remote after I receive it and play with it. I'm going to try and be more opened minded so we'll see!

Hosting Services by ipHouse