The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday August 30, 2006 at 19:10
Corgan
Lurking Member
August 2006
I just got this in the mail today and I'm in love with it. I had no problem setting it up and it did not take very long, except for one cheap DVD player in the bedroom. I was a little weary after ordering it and then discovering these boards and seeing the mixed reviews. So I'm very happy that my whole setup has been working like a charm, except for this:

RC9800i running firmware 2.0.b080b w/ PMM v. 3.3.11.0041

I can see all my songs by their title only or I'm guessing actual file name. When I attempt to select view by artist or album. It goes a little crazy and what seems like misc artists' folders but without knowing which one (other than me knowing who's albums they are) but then I hit the up dir and it puts me in the next artist's directory of albums or the same one. When I just browse through My Music the default it will play just fine no problem. It's when I want to actually find things and see what's what.

I originally installed the version d/l from Philips' site instead of the provided CD and that produced an error log with the following:
java.io.IOException: Invalid argument
at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.canonicalize0(Native Method)
at java.io.Win32FileSystem.canonicalize(Unknown Source)
at java.io.File.getCanonicalPath(Unknown Source)
at java.io.File.getCanonicalFile(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.Common.getRunningProcesses(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.Common.checkRunningProcesses(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.Installer.install(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.screens.InstallationScreen$1.run(Unknown Source)

So then I went to Java.com and installed their latest software available. Then installed the version from provided CD. Still same problems, but no error log created during install. So I upgraded the CD software after same communication issues existed.

I'm just connecting through my D-Link with UPnP enabled into my craptacular Compaq running the software and a 320GB external attached to it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse