The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday April 20, 2007 at 17:20
Amrik
Lurking Member
April 2007
I bought one of these from Ebay from the US a few days ago after upgrading from the pronto 940.I am based in the UK. The remote looks great, but could somebody PLEASE help ?

I am experiencing a LOT of frustrating problems in setting it up - been trying for last two days.

1) Firstly, Can someone please tell me where I can get the Europe(English/UK) firmware? (Philips only has the US firmware and french etc)?

I need this in order to get the correct codes for my equipment (meridian amplification, Arcam DvD,SKY HD etc..). I believe that the screen I need to access Europe is found with the European version of the F.Ware. The option to choose between Europe and US is never displayed.

2) Secondly, I cannot get it to understand the nearly all IR codes when using the original remotes for my equipment - need to try this time and again until it understand a single one.

3) Is this second problem related to poor firmware ( I upgraded to version 2.0b080b from the philips website , but I believe that this is the US version).

Thanks for your help in advance folks!
Ricky

Hosting Services by ipHouse