Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday September 3, 2006 at 18:53
misfitzx138
Long Time Member
August 2006
De Pampi or anyone,

can you please upload the 2.0.78 firmware and provide a link, or e-mail it to me. i can not find any site or the philips ftp with previous firmware versions. I would like to try it and see if it works better with wi-fi support than the new one(as per de pampis previous post). If you would like to e-mail me, please IM via AIM @misfitzx138.

Also, I have been researching the hang-problem with the dsm-520 UI overlay. I have an official request into d-link, but so far no luck as a work around. The previous firmware for the dsm-520 has a display picture workaroud and I am currently searching for previous dsm-520 firmware files, with no luck, so the previous dsm-520 firmware links would be appreciated.

I would also like to include my official request problem to dsm as a quick referance for the 1st problem(I have 2 problems):::

dsm-520 firmware: 1.02
d-link media server version: 1.07
tversity server version: 0.9.7.2
philips rc9800i firmware: 2.0.b080b
cidero version: 1.5.2

I am under the impression that this is a known bug, I am inquiring if a workaround/fix is available.

When sending the command via upnp protocall to play a video file to the dsm-520 from a media controller(cidero or the rc9800i), the audio will play, but the UI(menu) overlay will not dissappear. When hitting menu left(back button) the overlay dissappears and the video is then displayed for a brief second then the dsm-520 locks up and requires me to physically unplug the unit to reset it.

I have seen this problem on a few forums, but no fix for it. Please let me know if this issue will be addressed in the next firmware update, or if there is a "workaround"(change some settings).

Also, in the dsm-520 setup menu
Setup ->
General ->
Additional Settings ->
Control Device From: Remote Control/Other Source

what does this affect, and would it have any bearing on said problem

I would appreciate any feedback the support team could provide on this issue.

Hosting Services by ipHouse