The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Tuesday July 3, 2007 at 01:16
Kupakai
Long Time Member
September 2006
There are several ways you can do this. I'm assuming the remote you have is model 15-2133 from the description. I'm not sure if you can get just the MCE receiver without the remote, so you will most likely have the remote anyway, so you can use the learn function of the Kameleon remote to learn the functions from the MCE remote. However, I think you might run out of learning memory before you record all the functions.

The other way is to call One for All or Radio Shack and get the upgrade for MCE protocol. Since 15-2133 is phone upgradeable, you should be able to get the upgrade done over the phone. If not, they can email you the .wav file for the upgrade if you ask. I think the upgrade setup code you want is either 1272 or 1972.

Another way to get the upgrade uploaded to the remote is to use JP1 cable. Unfortunately, it seems like the way 15-2133 is designed, it's difficult to get keep the cable attached and have the batteries stay in place while uploading the upgrade using a computer. You can also make the .wav file with the tools and upgrade files they have at the site linked above, and use that to upload upgrades like you would with One for All over the phone.

Whichever way you get the upgrade, once the remote has been programmed with MCE upgrade, the ir receiver won't know the difference and will behave just as if getting the signal from the original MCE remote, and MCE should work with the remote. If you want to control other programs with the remote, however, you will need additional software.

I've done this with URC-9910 and Comcast remote (it's made by the same company that makes Kameleon and OfA remotes, and uses the same setup codes), and they work great.

Hosting Services by ipHouse