Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Thursday August 31, 2006 at 04:57
gmob
Lurking Member
August 2006
ATI CUSTOMER SERVICE REALLY SUCKS! I DON"T RECOMMEND BUYING ANYTHING ATI

After being tricked into buying Radeon X1300 Card in witch the remote was suppose to be in the box as is CLEARLY states on 5 sides of the box i have to pay $10 to order the remote. it was on back order so i had to wait 1 month to get it.

When the remote and driver cd got here i could not install the drivers

Error 1904.module c:\program files\ati mul:imedia\remctrl\x10net.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147220473. contact your support personnel

called ATI and waited 1:50 hours to talk to someone. he put me on hold. the line hung up. i called back and waited 2:20 mins samething happened after i told them my issue.

i went to the site swapped .dll files, restarted ,repair installed and

Error 1904.module c:\program files\ati mul:imedia\remctrl\x10net.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147220473. contact your support personnel

i manually register the dll's
start, run, regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\AtiSServ.dll" success!
rebooted and plugged receiver in, it recognized and said it was working but IT DOESN"T

I tried:

1. Cleaned out ALL the old crud -- uninstalled all RW software, all X10 drivers, uninstalled from the Device Manager, deleted the REMOTE WONDER OR X10 ONLY !!!! OEMxx.inf files in C:\Windows\inf\

2. Reboot and install the latest RW drivers. It's fine if it errors out on x10net.dll.

3. try to manually register the x10net.dll file. Do a search for it, then open a command window (cmd, then cd c:\program files\ATI Multimedia\remctrl or something like that) and navigate to that folder.

4. Type "regsvr32 x10net.dll". If you get an error, you will have to keep going. If you for some reason don't, you're actually going to be ok, skip to step 6

5. using regedt32 (NOT the normal regedit!!), go to 'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT' and look for the x10 entries. Check the permissions on each registry key that contains it ** but use your head -- be sure it looks related to drivers or the like**. All of them should have administrator given full control. It was about 11 of them on my dad's computer. I gave 'system' full control as well, not sure if that was needed but I was sick of it.

They looked like the following (this is not a comprehensive list -- as I am not sure if they all exist or all machines -- but to give you a general idea of what you are looking for)
X10CommanderFile
X10lv.XStreamMgr
X10lv.XStreamMgr.1
X10net.X10Control
X10net.X10Interface

this did not work for me either but others i know said that it worked for them

ALL I WANT IS FOR THIS STUPID LITTLE REMOTE TO WORK BEFORE I END UP BREAKING IT INTO 1000 PIECES!

any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

[email protected]

I DO NOT RECOMMEND ATI REMOTE WONDER PLUS THE VIDEO CARD IS GREAT BUT THE REMOTE & CUSTOMER SERVICE SCREWS UP THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE

Hosting Services by ipHouse