The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday July 6, 2005 at 21:31
slothrop
Lurking Member
June 2005
Hi: Thanks to some terrific feedback from this forum I’ve just finished putting together an htpc, running XPSP2 and using a Radeon 9600 SE video card. The system works perfectly except for the remote. I bought an OEM Remote Wonder II, which came with everything but the CD. However, I downloaded the correct driver file (Driver3-02_rw_enu). It would not install correctly, however, giving me the following three error messages during installation:
“Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\RemCtr\ATIRW.DLL failed to register. HRESULT -2147220473. Contact your support personnel.”

“Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\RemCtr\x10net.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147220473. Contact your support personnel.”

“Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\AtiSServ.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147220473. Contact your support personnel.”

After installation and again when I rebooted according to directions, I got the following error message:
“This application has failed to start because MFC71.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”

When I called ATI, tech support gave me the following installs: “x10drivers” and “dotnetfx,” but though these got rid of two the first three error messages, the ATIRW.DLL and MFC71.DLL messages remain.

The ATI rep then said that the problem was an operating system issue and gave me no further help. I’ve looked up MFC71.dll on the Microsoft knowledgebase, but found nothing useful.

Browsing the web a bit more, I found a forum entry somewhere whose writer recommended (after a recommendation by an ATI rep) the following installs in the following order: “wxp-w2k-catalyst-8-121-050322a-022141c,” (Catalyst) “mmc-9-1-0-0-dao-mdac,” “atiCDwiz,” “mmc-9-06-1.” I installed the first two, but the “atiCDwiz” required an ATI CD, which, again, did not come with the OEM remote. I then tried, unsuccessfully again, to reinstall the Remote Wonder driver.

So, here at long last are my questions:

1.Does anyone out there have a real fix for this problem?
2.Can anyone tell me whether the Remote Wonder CD has any software on it that might solve this installation problem?
3.Does anyone know how to install .dll files, specifically ATIRW.DLL and MFC71.DLL?
4.Is this really an OS issue, or is it an ATI software issue?

Thanks for any help.

Hosting Services by ipHouse