Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday August 11, 2008 at 12:29
stricko
Long Time Member
June 2003
Hi guys

I've got a horribly complex setup with two sets of kit in the same room. One set is for the room itself (a "cinema"), and the other is for my "lounge", on the other side of a wall. Both set-ups have separate amps, dvd players etc, but share other components including a satellite PVR and a HTPC. IR for the "lounge" system comes in via a Xantech box, and the usual emitters.

It all works a treat at the moment but I'm considering an upgrage which would see (amongst other things) a second HTPC, instead of one the DVD players. So I'd have 2 HTPCs, in the same rack, requiring separate IR control.

I've thought about putting one of the IR receivers (and the end of an emitter wand!) in an lightproof box, but there must be a more elegant way of doing it.

Ideally I'd like to replicate the direct IR feed I have on the HK amp which is part of the "lounge" set-up. All I have is a mini-jack to mini-jack lead from the Xantech into the back of the HK.

So has anyone seen a PC card or anything that would allow me to feed an HTPC with an IR signal direct from a Xantech system (or something like it) without using an emitter and a receiver?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts........

Hosting Services by ipHouse