The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday January 15, 2003 at 15:36
eldredge
Lurking Member
January 2003
I assume many Pronto users made the transition from a more traditional fixed-button remote to the Pronto. Can anyone comment on this and provide advice on the pros and cons between the two formats?

I’ve used a Marantz RC-2000 for the past few years and am eager to upgrade and would appreciate the advice. The Marantz has been a good remote but I’m looking for something more user-friendly and customizable. What I’d really like is for my remote to be more “activity-based,” where switching between devices in kept to a minimum. I also simply want the remote to be easier to use for my wife. I’ve narrowed it down to two choices: The MTR MX-500, or the new Pronto TSU-3000.

I like the MX-500 for its wide array of fixed buttons and size, which seems to lend itself to one-handed operation, as well as operation “by touch” rather than having to look at the screen. On the other hand, the Pronto appeals to me for its customizable screens. It seems I could create different interfaces which would make the “activities” (watch TV, watch a DVD, listen to a CD, etc.), more straightforward and user-friendly. I do like the hard-button remotes, and am only now strongly considering the Pronto because of the addition of the cursor on the 3000.

So, there is my struggle – any comments or advice? Thanks in advance!

Hosting Services by ipHouse