The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday February 26, 2003 at 02:55
John Sully
Founding Member
January 2002
Since I've been one of the big complainers, here is my take. If you are happy with your 2000 it probably isn't worth it. If you find yourself dreaming of a menu navigation keypad because it will let you have only one panel per device, then it might be worth it.

Personally, I like my 3000. I've owned a 1000 since it first came out in late '98 and I bought an RC 5200 last year when they first were available. The 3000 has a nicer screen than either of them and it is easier to hold in your hand than the 5200. It is more responsive than the 1000 or 5200 once the firmware update is installed. The default navigation system is better than that on the 1000 or 2000 and the entire screen is editable, just like the 5200.

The downside of the 3000 is that the software, particularly PENG, is definitely in the beta stage. This is just like the 1000 in it's early days, I am quite sure that the program will be improved since most of it's faults are bugs rather than serious design flaws.

Overall, the 3000 is a good product; the PC software needs some work to fix problems that people have reported here.

Hosting Services by ipHouse