Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday March 7, 2003 at 07:16
Christopher Loker
Long Time Member
March 2003
Just got my new 3000. Here are a few observations/questions:

1. It is slower sending out the IR than my old 1000 - however it allowed me to remove many of the short delays between IR codes I had in my old config and still works well. With the delays removed it is only slightly slower than the 1000.

2. Appears that the side buttons will work on first press with the touchscreen off. The lower buttons all seem to require you to press once to turn on the touchscreen and then press again. Also the side buttons will turn on the touchscreen - pretty useless for volume/channel/mute. Can anyone confirm this? Seems like they really need each button to be configurable as to activate touchscreen Yes/No (only the activate touchscreen buttons then requiring a double press).

3. Visually screen is better than the 1000. I like the bluer tint.

4. Remote is not as easy to 1 hand hold as the old pronto - feels a little bulkier. Still not bad.

5. Am I the only one who would also like control of the Page UP/Page Down buttons for programming. With the Pad at the bottom I am trying to get my devices down to 1 page each so a scroll up/down is not needed. What I need is a page up/page down for my Channel guide etc. and this would be perfect. Anyone request this feature with Philips?

Overall impression is that the remote is very good - the firmware and software still need some work. However, having had my 1000 since they first came out I have confidince that Philips will address the issues.

Hosting Services by ipHouse