The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday March 9, 2003 at 23:21
remote618
Founding Member
April 2002
The problems with the hard buttons I described below were later discovered to be caused by the import tool, not by particular device codes or hardware issues. See latest response for more info.

I guess this is related to the known issue of the hard buttons not sending the IR at the normal speed. I thought I'd mention that in the case of muti-Tivo device commands, this makes the hard buttons rather useless. I have the latest firmware update installed (TSU3000__V2.0.38.1.zip) I put some of the same Tivo device 1 commands on both the hard and soft buttons to see if there were any differences. (Both the hard and soft buttons link to the same hidden button which has the IR code.) The commands from the soft buttons work fine. The commands from the hard buttons for pause, play, and rewind are misinterpretted by Tivo, probably because of the speed issue. I even had the TSU3000 relearn the device 1 codes just to make sure it wasn't a code import problem. No luck. Please fix this as soon as possible, Philips. I sent them an email today detailing the problem.

I'm just hoping all these problems are fixable with firmware/software updates and aren't hardware related. I'm sending in my warranty card just to be on the safe side. I'm looking forward to using this device when they finally get it working right. In the meantime, I'll have to keep using the TSU2000 *sigh*.

This message was edited by remote618 on 03/15/03 23:29.

Hosting Services by ipHouse